A Juvenile Mistake

originally posted 7/2012

I was charged with a CSC crime when I was 17, it’s on my Juvenile record.  But I still have to register as a Sex Offender.  I got my charge in Michigan & I failed to register like on my 1st time to re-register so I got a misdemeanor for that.  Fast forward to 10 yrs later,  I now live in Virginia.  Here, I register monthly & let them know where I’m working.  I lost a total of two jobs in VA due to the Trooper coming to my job to verify my employment.  He came in full uniform and stated he was from the Sex Offender Department.  On a background check my crime does not show up but my failure to register does.  I talked to the Trooper;  he told me they have to physically verify Sex Offenders’ employment.  So that led me to not report my working.  I have a family now & each time I did report it I lost my job.  Three later it caught up with me.   I received another failure to register.  I’m no felon.  I can vote & all.  But the struggles I deal with in day to day living are crazy.  I can’t go to school functions or parent conferences.  In my community I had my Sex Offender profile taped on mailboxes & stop signs.  Some young kids at the bus stop were calling my kids sex offenders & pedophiles.  My wife had to start taking them to school daily.  I’m trying to get my record fixed if that’s possible.  It’s just super hard to cope & find employment, all over a juvenile mistake.   I see murderers & drug dealers with jobs.  And I can’t even get & keep one.  Let me remind you I don’t have a felony; not on probation.  My crime was in 2002.  I need help.

Leave a Reply to Anonymous Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *